[bookport] Re: Noise-canceling headphones

  • From: "Rich Ring" <ring2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:22:42 -0600

I do not know if one can try such headphones in stores, although I would
imagine that if you go to a store that displays a lot of equipment you
should be able to get them to allow you to do this.
As for pressure on the ears, remember that the headphone is sealed, and
if worn too tight might produce some kind of pressure.  I have a pair of
Bose noise cancellation headphones, and I have not experienced any kind
of pressure issues.  They work wonderful on planes, thus allowing me to
listen to the Bookport at a much reduced volume.  No, they don't take
away all of the jet noise, however they reduce it considerably.  It is
almost like the ambient sound is being sucked out of your environment.