[bookport] Re: Noise-canceling headphones

  • From: "Scott Howell" <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:49:58 -0500

I actually had a pair of Bose NC phones and they were very good, but as
far as a feeling of pressure on the ears; well I experienced this. I
ended up selling them as I didn't make much use of them. I do not know
why I experienced this feeling, but it was there. It might have
something to do with the lower range being canceled I don't know. When
playing music it wasn't as bad, but spoken material seemed to not lessen
the feeling. I'm sure this is different for each person, but I haven't
tried other headphones to compare. Perhaps I will and what would be neat
is if there was a way to set the level of cancelation perhaps. Maybe
this would help someone get used to them...hmmm an idea for Bose.
I will say they did an excellent job of killing off lower end ranges of
noise. I could stand in the rear yard of the townhouse I used to live in
and it would cancel out all the noise of trucks as they went past.

Scott