[bookport] Re: Newspapers - trying again

  • From: r-carter@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:26:37 -0500

Hi Kathy,

As Rob said, download the daisy version. Have the bookshare unpack utility unpack all of the daisy files into a folder. Next plug in the book port allowing the book port transfer software to automatically start. Leave the transfer software running, open windows explorer and navigate to the folder where the daisy files are located. Use the arrow keys to highlight the file with the extension period opf. Use either the windows context key or shift-f10 to perform a right click on the file. Choose the send to option and press enter. Choose the book port as the device and the newspaper will be transferred to the book port. You can then use the navigation commands to move from article to article or from section to section. I have tried this with the Washington Post and the New York Times and they work well.

Robert Carter