[bookport] Re: My suggestion about tactile markings

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 06:32:37 -0400

Bravo Dave.

----- Original Message -----
From: David Allen
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 01 September, 2006 06 23
Subject: [bookport] Re: My suggestion about tactile markings

Hi Anthony and list:

I agree with you that companies should incorporate the features blind users
require. I only think if we want something extra, we need to take some
initiative of our own, which is a far simpler and cost effective solution. It
seems to me that APH goes out of it's way to produce a quality product at a
reasonable price in the book port, which they support with an equal degree of
completeness. If the book port were merely an MP3 player, there are a number of
other features it should probably have. But the book port is far more than
that. This clearly isn't as big a problem as you suggest because I'm reasonably
sure yours is the first mention of it in the over two years that I've been
monitoring this list. Maybe APH will even incorporate your suggestion. That is
OK. They can do that if they think it appropriate. Heck I didn't think the note
taker was a useful idea when it was proposed. I was very wrong on that score,
fortunately.

Cheers,
Dave