[bookport] My suggestion about tactile markings

  • From: "Anthony" <anthony.gough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:38:52 +0100

My point about the headphones was not that people didn't like them or found
them difficult to use, it is about aph and good design of equipment for people
who can't see.  Both the headphones and batteries can be used the wrong way
round and as this equipment is designed for people who can't see the print
markings on the headphones or the symbols in the battery compartment surely aph
should have have had enough experience to have thought about this issue and got
it right.

Also external speaker The belt clip might not be such a good idea but I don't
want to use speakers from radio shack as someone suggested basically because I
don't want lots of extra wires all over the place.   There are times when the
unit being equiped with a speaker might be of use.  I came across a device
called a griffin for an apple ipod, if you don't know what it is basically it
is a small box with a 3.5 hack sticking out of the bottom of it and it sits on
top of the ipod, it makes the unit a bit longer.  I haven't tried one as I
don't have an ipod but I would think aph could design something similar that
when installed would look as if it was part of the bookport, they could either
put a dummy usb plug to stop the speaker more stability or put a real usb plug
with a socket in the top of the box so you could still plug in the usb cable
with the speaker atached.

Anthony