[bookport] Re: Lock Beep doesn't seem to be working

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:49:24 -0500

Neil, this isn't what he is talking about.

At 10:56 AM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
Perhaps the word wrong here is a bit misleading. I am not trying to say that the book port works any differently than it did when I first got it. All I and others are trying to say is that it is not a true lock and and if the button keeps getting pressed in some kind of case, it will drain battery power. Granted, it is perhaps as good as it can be and it does prevent the book port from doing other things which might occur when other keys might be pressed if there were no lock, but it still is not a perfect lock. For example, my mini disk recorders have a lock and when you slide the lock switch into the lock position, pressing the keys do nothing at all. You know the unit is locked because the slide switch is in the locked position. Unfortunately, if you use a button press on the book port to lock the unit, you will never know if it is locked unless you either hear a beep or put on headphones to see what, if anything is being read. Perhaps a slide switch or power switch would be better if this could be arranged.
Neal