[bookport] Re: Items missing from BP box?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 18:26:42 -0600

You have to buy the leather case. Someone will have the link for you. Since you didn't buy the BP from APH, the seller is responsible for what is missing. I know you didn't buy the Bookport from APH, because it was stated several months ago they were out of stock. Ear buds are cheap. You can find them anywhere. I lost mine after about two weeks. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, headphones are much more comfortable. The print version of the quick start guide won't help you. Perhaps APH would send you both Braille and print copies, though. I never got a CD of the tutorial. The manual is on the Bookport itself.

Why would you want to do a videocast of the Bookport when it is being discontinued? People can only buy it from individuals... or perhaps there are retailers in other countries who sell it. I'm not sure about that.

I mean no offense here. I am just trying to figure out why you would want to do a Podcast on a product that has been discontinued, one that a lot of people who might be interested won't be able to buy. I'm not really into Podcasts... or Videocasts, so maybe it's just me.

At 07:51 AM 10/28/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Hi.  I just received my BP yesterday, I had had one for years, got read of
it and just got it back.  Here is what the manual says that you should get
with your BP.
Bookport.
To AA batteries.
Compact Flash Card
USB cable
Ear Buds.
Software/books CD.
Tutorial CD.
Tutorial cassette.
Print what it calls quick start guide.
Braille [What it calls] quick start guide.

Here is what I got in my box.
Bookport
Program/books CD
USB cable.
Cassette tutorial.
Compact flash card.
Two AA batteries.
I am missing several items from my box, as you can probably tell.  When I am
done with my Braille+ series of Vid Casts, I need to do some on the
bookport.  The first cast was going to be unboxing.  However, several of the
items are missing.  What am I supposed to do?  Also, my old BP came with a
case with a flap, but I didn't get that neat case with this BP.  How do I go
about getting the missing items?

Chase Crispin
Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com
e-mail:
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx
APH Training Videos on Youtube are also linked to at:
http://tech.aph.org/mm

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.