[bookport] Re: I just don't understand.

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:59:18 -0600

Unabridged files are Windows media format, which BP doesn't play. They are protected with Microsoft digital rights management, so you can't conver them to MP3. You will need an MP3 player to listen to those files, and it will have to be one that can play .WMA files with DRM.

At 04:37 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:

So, the book port won't play the files downloaded from this thing called unabridged project. As I understand it the unabridged thing is from the national library service and the book port is distributed by the American printing house. I read books all the time recorded at the printing house and they come to me from the national library service. This would indicate to me that they, know each other, or at the least have some working relationship. It would seam to me the two parties would have discussed this and come to some agreement about the files and the playing of them on the player purchased from the printing house. I went to best by and bought a small player that plays the books fine for, 40$. Just the random thoughts of a cranky old man, pleas disregard.

   Phil Parr.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.