[bookport] Re: High-Performance CF Cards

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:53:48 -0400

Well, to amplify on what Debbie has written, these "ultra II" cards are
*definitely being marketed to digital photographers.

And, as regards any seeming inconsistency between what Larry and Rob have
written on this subject, keep in mind that Rob's comment  specifically
mentioned navigation time. Now, I infer from this that there is no
discernable difference in audio quality between standard CF cards and ultra
CF cards, (especially when you consider that book port's audio amplifier,
while being sufficient for the purpose it serves, is not a two thousand
dollar high-end audio pre-amp); beyond the fact that an ultra card *might
give you faster navigation speeds. This being the case, if I had it to do
over again, I wouldn't pay a 50% / 75% cost premium to access my files two
or three seconds faster.

John