[bookport] Re: Getting books for my BP

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:38:27 -0400

Hello:

While you are in Book Port Transfer, alt plus l or alt plus I points to
files on your PC to send.  Alt plus f selects the files that are already
on the Book Port.  If you read the Title Bar in Book Port Transfer,
while a book is being transferred, it will give you the percentage of
the process you are on and tell you what phase you are in.  There are
many phases with books that have to be converted, so Sending will be the
very last phase listed.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/16/06 03:04AM >>>
Hi, David and List.

Here's a follow-up to Chase's question.  Once a book has been found and
the
download is attempted, is there a way to monitor or check the ongoing
status?  (I did not see such in the manual but I could have missed it.)
 As
a "newbie" so to speak, just for grins I went to the .edu link listed
in
Walt's previous message and found a book to download.  Alt-f did
nothing for
me option-wise, so I tried the Applications menu, which offered up the
BP
Spider.  Even as we speak, the unit seems to be doing something, as I
get an
eight-note tune every so often.  (I was expecting a beep more than a
tune.)
Given that I am not sure what's happening, I am just letting it do its

thing.  Is what I describe supposed to be happening?  (If not, I guess
will have to go back to the manual and do some more re-reading.)

Thanks in advance to whomever lends their expertise; it is highly
appreciated.

God Bless you all and have a great day.
Michael