[bookport] Re: Folder question and transfering audio

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:42:41 -0400

Hi Deborah.

You'll need to rip the songs from the CD first.  Book Port can't
directly take the information from the CD.  Version 10 of Media Player
is one way to rip a CD.  There is also a program called cdex that works
quite well.

As for creating a folder, open Book Port transfer (with your device
connected), then press alt}f to move to the Book Port's file list.
Next, right click or press the Applications key and select New folder
from the context menu that appears.

>>> dkkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:36:46 PM >>>
hi Everyone,
I thought it was possible to transfer music or other audio from CD's to
the
BOok Port.  If this is a wrong assumption, please set me straight!  If
it's
correct, i hope someone can help find the error of my ways.  I selected

audio as the file type.  In the list of sources I seleced the CD drive.
 But
I have difficulty getting in there -- tab and enter, the usual means of

accessing a list of files in a folder or drive, don't seem to work.

Not nearly as important is my problem with creating folders.  It works
fine
to create them in Windows Explorer, but when I try to do it in the BP
transfer, the new folder always goes on my desktop instead of in the
BP.
Any help much appreciated!

Deborah
dkkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx