[bookport] Re: Final firmware fixes?

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:58:07 -0500

Actually, this issue will be resolved in the beta that should appear
here today.
>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxx Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:46:06 AM >>>
About the BP giving you only track names...  You need to edit your ID
tags
within Windows itself.  You can do this using Winamp.  Open the file
you
want, press alt-3 on the numbers row, and there you can modify the
tag.

At 02:30 AM 2/8/2006, you wrote:
>I guess at some point this year the firmware for the current Book Port

>generation will become final, with any future improvements and new
>functions most likely reserved for the unconfirmed Book Port II.
>
>Here are a couple of things I'd really like to see fixed in the
current
>firmware before APH turns all their creative energies to the next Book

>Port generation:
>
>1. Alphabetical listing of files. The Book Port should be able to list

>files in alphabetical order. This would make it a lot easier to
transfer
>files and listen to audio books in the proper sequence. I've tried
some of
>the tricks mentioned on the list like copying all the files to
Windows,
>putting them in alphabetical order there and then copying them back to
the
>Book Port, but without success.
>
>2. Reading file names of unfiltered MP3's. The Book Port seems unable
>read the names of many MP3 files (created with Audiograbber) that I
>transfer using a card reader. Instead of saying the file name, the
Book
>Port says a generic "Track 1, Track 2" etc. This makes it necessary to
use
>the transfer software for all MP3 files, which is a shame, since card

>readers are so much faster and since support for unfiltered MP3's is
>generally very good.
>
>3. OGG support would be convenient, since I have an extensive library
of
>materials in OGG format.
>
>4. A proper battery gauge for different battery types. I do think
there's
>room to improve the accuracy of the Book Port's battery indicator for

>rechargeable batteries.
>
>5. Better ability to recover from crashes. A number of users have had
>send in their Book Ports for repair after the units had failed
(frequently
>due to battery-related issues). Could the firmware be given more
>self-repair capabilities, so units could be cold-started by their
owners
>following a general failure without having to return them to APH?
>
>6. A more accurate and reliable internal clock. Maybe it could be
synched
>with the notebook's internal clock during transfers?
>
>I would be interested to hear if any of these items are on APH's
current
>to-do list. The single most important fix from my perspective would be
the
>alphabetical listing of files on the Book Port, which would finally
allow
>me to transfer more than one file at a time.
>
>Peter

>Verschicken Sie romantische, coole und witzige Bilder per SMS!
>Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail: http://f.web.de/?mc=021193

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the

LORD...