[bookport] File status error and BP transfer error

  • From: "Cheryl and Dash Lenartiene" <Dashman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:45:07 -0400

Hi Everyone,
     I was reading an audio file today and went to check the status.  The BP
said something like, "File Stat Error, File Stat Error" over and over.  I had
to press several keys to get it to stop, and the whole subfolder in which the
file was located became corrupt.  The BP could no longer see any file in that
folder, and when I tried accessing it through Windows Explorer, the PC reported
that the disk was not formatted.  I backed up what I could, as files in other
folders had remained intact, reformatted the card, using the BP, and am
restoring data.  I had also tried the fix errors button in the General Options
of the transfer wizard.
     Has anyone else seen this error?  What causes the crash?
     Also, I'm noticing that when I transfer large amounts of data, the
transfer software reports that the card is full.  In reality, the BP has locked
up.  I have to pull out one of the batteries and put it back in, as the 2+B
reset doesn't work.  The first time this happened, I believe it was because my
alkaline batteries were low.  However, I have switched to a fresh set of NiMH
rechargeables, and it's happened again.  I am probably sending about 130MB at a
time.
     I am using the latest version of the transfer software.  Has anyone seen
this?
Cheryl