[bookport] Re: File status error and BP transfer error

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:41:49 -0500

Are you putting your files into separate folders?  The BP doesn't like
having that much material put into one folder.

At 06:45 PM 4/15/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>      I was reading an audio file today and went to check the status.  The
> BP said something like, "File Stat Error, File Stat Error" over and
> over.  I had to press several keys to get it to stop, and the whole
> subfolder in which the file was located became corrupt.  The BP could no
> longer see any file in that folder, and when I tried accessing it through
> Windows Explorer, the PC reported that the disk was not formatted.  I
> backed up what I could, as files in other folders had remained intact,
> reformatted the card, using the BP, and am restoring data.  I had also
> tried the fix errors button in the General Options of the transfer wizard.
>      Has anyone else seen this error?  What causes the crash?
>      Also, I'm noticing that when I transfer large amounts of data, the
> transfer software reports that the card is full.  In reality, the BP has
> locked up.  I have to pull out one of the batteries and put it back in,
> as the 2+B reset doesn't work.  The first time this happened, I believe
> it was because my alkaline batteries were low.  However, I have switched
> to a fresh set of NiMH rechargeables, and it's happened again.  I am
> probably sending about 130MB at a time.
>      I am using the latest version of the transfer software.  Has anyone
> seen this?
>Cheryl

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...