[bookport] DoubleTalk and rechargable batteries

  • From: "Irwin Hott" <ihott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:19:38 -0400

Nolan, you aren't the only one out there.  I have been using the DoubleTalk
speech for years, and am quite pleased with it.

I don't know how many hundreds of books and files I have read with it.

Asking what is the best speech is like asking what is the best car.

All other synthesizers would require lots more memory, probably a faster
processor and more than likely, much higher cost.

I can't say enough about the Bookport.  I use it daily.

For the person who was concerned about buying batteries, you certainly can use
rechargable ones.

I am using NIMH 2100 Ma batteries.  I think they were around $14 for a set of 4
when I got them last year at Batteries Plus.

I already had a charger that would charge them.  When the charge gets down to
about 40 percent on the Bookport I charge the other set so it is ready.  I
typically get 3500 to 4500 minutes per charge.  That is mostly using the
synthesized speech with a little audio mixed in.