[bookport] Disappearing bookmarks

  • From: Karen Harshfield <karenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:22:39 -0700

I have encountered a recent problem that I haven't seen in the list.

Some background first.
Three things happened approx simultaneously

Around two weeks ago, I:
1. Got a new 1G flash card
2. Started loading, listening to, and deleting podcasts
3. Possibly got latest firmware and/or transfer software

I use Windows Explorer to send MP3 files, MS Word documents, and TXT files to the BP. (I right click mouse and select Bookport.) I assume that the BP Transfer program is then used to actually send the files to the bookport.

My problem:
I set several bookmarks on one TXT file and they all disappear the next day. They are still there during the reading of the file (on the prior day). This disappearing has happened more than once.

I've tried to reproduce this on purpose, but I haven't found anything definite yet. I am still trying.

I've looked in recent booklist emails and only saw one problem that seemed somewhat related to this one. It was:

When changing folders or deleting other files, the place where the user last left off reading in an mp3 file is lost and user is returned to beginning of file, or at least a great distance away from last reading point.

I don't know if I'm hitting some strange, new key sequence that erases all bookmarks or what. I have had no problems with bookmarks for the last two years or so that I have owned the BP.

I also notice that now sometimes when I return to the root directory, I am repositioned at the beginning of the directory, not at the folder I was just in. (I basically have a one level directory system at this point.)

Ugg.  Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
Karen