[bookport] Color Recognition

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:29:02 -0500

Off list topic, but pertinent to the discussion, I read yesterday about a
company that plans to start using the camera in cell phones to read bar
codes on products.  Their product will be to allow you to read a code at a
given store and they will send you other stores in your area with that
product at competitive prices.

It occurred to me that same idea could be used for us to recognize products.
A whole lot cheaper than the readers I've seen on the market, since nearly
all phones these days seem to come with the camera, want it or not.

Just a penny's thought...

Eric SS