[bookport] Re: BookPort Transfer says MP3 file is corrupt

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:56:25 -0500

Tom:

I'll look at your MP3 files, but there is probably something wrong with
them which is tripping up Book Port Transfer. As for your versions, I
would update Book Port Transfer with the Software Updates button on the
Advanced page of the Options dialog. The current release version is
2.1.0.0.

Rob Meredith

>>> TALey@xxxxxxx 02/03/06 02:49PM >>>
Hi All,

I'm new to the list and am hoping I can get a little help with two
BookPort Transfer issues.

First, I am attempting to transfer a 12 MB MP3 file to my BookPort
using
BookPort Transfer. When I attempt the send, I receive the following
message:
Book Port Transfer
FFMP3: MP3 file is corrupt

The actual file plays fine in Windows Media Player on Windows XP SP 2.

Here is the link to the file on my church's web site:
http://sermons.aisquith.org/
All of the sermons seem to have this same problem. In particular, I'm
interested in the sermon entitled "Don't You Know Me" delivered on
January 9, 2006. Each sermon has a link to stream the sermon, and a
separate download link. I used the download link to copy the file to
my
PC before attempting to transfer the file to the BookPort. After
receiving the corrupt message, I transferred it again from the web
site,
but I still had the same problem. As I said, it plays fine in Windows
Media Player.

Any clues?

Second, my preview pane in BookPort Transfer isn't working. Nothing
shows up in the pane. In options, I have the preview pane enabled.

My BookPort Transfer software About... dialog reads:

About Book Port Transfer
Book Port Transfer version 2.0.0.0  Copyright (c) 2002-2005, American
Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Book Wizard Reader version 1.0.7.0
Copyright (c) 2001-2005, American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
ComRec audio engine version 6.4.0.0
Copyright (c) 2000-2005, American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Portions copyright (c) 2001-2005,
Springer Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Portions copyright Aubible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Includes Xaudio software, Copyright (c) 1996-2002,
Xaudio Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
LAME MP3 Encoder version 3.95 (www.mp3dev.org)
Book Port firmware version 2.1.0.0
Book Port serial number: 1010006221 OK

Thanks for any help you can offer. I really like using the BookPort. I
received it as a Christmas present in December.

Tom Ley