[bookport] Re: Book port voice quality

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:16:12 -0400

Hi Nancy:

If you go to the Options menu in Book Port Transfer, and tab down to the
Synthesize Speech button, it'll open up a dialog box and it will show you the
speech available on your system that Book Port can use.  Once in there, you can
select a voice, rate and volume and click the OK button.  Once you've
customized that option, you can select a file in the Look in box, but instead
of pressing Enter, or Send to send, you would hit alt e or tab down to the Send
Audio button.  At that point, the transfer program will convert the text into
audio, based on the selection you've made.  You can do this with your Book
share books or any file that uses the Book Port synthesizer.  Just remember
that converting does take longer, so the sending process won't be as fast as it
is with the Send button.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/29/07 08:51PM >>>
Rick,

You said, "Also the BP transfer software can do this for free providing you
have other SAPI voices on the system."  How can I tell if I have a SAPI
voice on the system...by system, do you mean on my computer?

Thanks,
Nancy

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx