[bookport] Re: Book Port or Book Courier

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:55:55 -0500

I was going to say almost exactly what Sandy says here. I don't know, never
having used a BookCourier or participated in any list for it, but I have
never experienced the kind of positive, helpful attitude from support staff
for any product as I've seen on this list; and in some off-list
correspondence; from the Book Port staff at APH. It's also true that in
terms of getting new function into the product quickly, Book Port is ahead
of the Courier. There is one; and only one; factor that I think favors the
BookCourier any more and that's the availability of keystroke help.
Personally, I can't imagine this outweighing all of the other pluses in a
potential customer's mind, but in fairness, I feel that it should be pointed
out. Aside from this single feature, I believe that the Book Port is at
least a year ahead of the BookCourier in terms of features and development.