[bookport] Book Port Reversing Channels of Stereo MP3's

  • From: "Jeremiah Z. Rogers" <jzr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:11:27 -0400

Hi once more, all. I've noticed, with the combination of the beta test =
seven firmware and the last three betas of the software, that the Book =
Port is reversing the channels of stereo files played with it. I've yet =
to determine whether the glitch occurs when transferring files through =
the transfer tool only, or if it occurs whenever the device plays stereo =
files, but I have most definitely seen the switch. The track I've tested =
with, in case anyone has the CD and wants to check my results against =
their own, is Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" from the Live CD. The =
piano should start on the left, with the guitar on the right, but on the =
BP this appears opposite of that. I'll be happy to provide the MP3 to =
APH, and only APH, for their testing if requested. I sent this file to =
the device via the transfer tool, though the files which made me work to =
investigate the potential of the behavior were sent to the Book Port via =
simply copying them to the flash card itself. Thanks in advance for any =
Jeremiah