[bookport] Re: Bible on bookport - Was: Re: Re: faulty zero button on bookport

  • From: Johnny Angel! <JAC@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:51:16 -0500

Okay.  Thanks Doris!

Johnny

At 04:41 PM 11/8/2010, you wrote:
hollow the instructions they give for putting them on the bc. the two files you see is the text itself and the index file that is normally created by the bp or bc transfer software. Just copy the two files onto the flash card you plan to use in your bp using my computer or windows explorer, i.e. do not send these thru the bp transfer software.

hth

Doris

At 04:11 PM 11/8/2010 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Doris,

I have an old bookport and was interested in the bibles you cited in your message below. So I downloaded the World English version and ran open. Two files showed up in a list but I don't know what to do with them. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Johnny

At 01:06 PM 11/8/2010, you wrote:
Actually, if you get any of the Bibles provided at

http://bookcourier.com/?page_id=11

and follow instructions as provided for Book courier, you should be able to use BPs reading commands and read the bible as that one large file if you do some additional initial book marking by placing a bookmark at the beginning of each book of the bible I believe. If I remember correctly, the markings for each book was the only ones that BP did not recognize from the Book Courier formatted file.

you may aven be able to bookmark the Bible file on a properly working bP and then copy it over onto the ailing one for reading.

it is a shame Springer does not repair BP
s anymore while continuing to provide service for their own BC.

Cheers,
Doris

At 10:54 AM 11/8/2010 -0700, you wrote:
I had similar problems with my Book Port. I had purchased it in 2005. There
were several keys most used that became nonresponsive. I was sort of lucky,
in that I had mine in for repairs in spring of 2008, and they replaced keys
and gave it a going over.  So far it is still working, but I am trying to
baby it along and do not use some keys as often as I used to.  The spongy
nature of them I guess makes them subject to user wear.

I purchased the new Book Port Plus, but still have not begun to use it.
That sounds strange, I know. Perhaps it is time.
I have been watching the discussions on it and it seems like most everyone
is pretty well adapted to all the new features and like it.

Good luck!
Rik James