[bookport] Re: BP won't exit folders

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:37:56 -0700

        My guess is that one of your keys, the * key, I'd imagine, is not
working properly.  This is definitely the * key if you can descend into a
folder, but can't get out.
Does the * key work for other functions?
-Brian

On Jul 7,  8:15pm, "Walt Smith" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: BP won't exit folders
} Pamela and all who addressed this question -
}
} This gets weirder. I have two Book Ports and the second just came back from
} being serviced (I'd already had the one on which this problem is occurring
} serviced last month). In short, I have two units in as close to like-new
} condition as it's possible for them to be. I swapped the card from the
} failing unit to the one that just came back today and (of course) star plus
} zero *does* move from one folder level to the next higher: in other words,
} it works just fine, so any possible corruption of the card would appear to
} be off the table so far as being an issue.
}
} To respond to the questions asked by others:
}
} * I removed the batteries and CF card, so the unit reset as though I'd
} pressed 2 + B.
} * The star and zero keys are working as expected in every other application,
} both when playing and when idle.
} * I did discover, after considerable playing around, that I could press D to
} enter the manual. Then I could press 2 to stop the manual playing and I
} could navigate folders again: that is, when I pressed 2, I was left in the
} file and I could then move to a folder and navigate downwards in order to
} open a file other than the one that I'd previously been reading.
}