[bookport] Re: BP won't exit folders

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 20:15:25 -0400

Pamela and all who addressed this question -

This gets weirder. I have two Book Ports and the second just came back from
being serviced (I'd already had the one on which this problem is occurring
serviced last month). In short, I have two units in as close to like-new
condition as it's possible for them to be. I swapped the card from the
failing unit to the one that just came back today and (of course) star plus
zero *does* move from one folder level to the next higher: in other words,
it works just fine, so any possible corruption of the card would appear to
be off the table so far as being an issue.

To respond to the questions asked by others:

* I removed the batteries and CF card, so the unit reset as though I'd
pressed 2 + B.
* The star and zero keys are working as expected in every other application,
both when playing and when idle.
* I did discover, after considerable playing around, that I could press D to
enter the manual. Then I could press 2 to stop the manual playing and I
could navigate folders again: that is, when I pressed 2, I was left in the
file and I could then move to a folder and navigate downwards in order to
open a file other than the one that I'd previously been reading.