[bookport] Audible.com problems

  • From: "Rick Fox" <richardfox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:22:20 -0400

Hello List Members,
I am a new Book Port user, and new to this list. I'm afraid this question has
been asked many times before, but here goes!

I have just updated my firmware to 2.2.0.0. My Book Wizard reader version is
1.1.0.0. My objective is to transfer an audible.com book to the Book Port and
read it. I have activated audible.com in the Advanced Tab of the Options Menu
item in the Book Port software. It asked me for my Audible userid and password,
and told me my activation was successful. I downloaded a book to my hard drive,
choosing type 4.

The problem is: the Book Port Transfer Software is looking for an AA file
extension, but the Audible.com book I downloaded has a PL extension. The Book
Port Software says it doesn't have a filter for the PL extension.

The other question I have is, what device should I select. Book Port is not in
the list of audible.com devices. The Book Courier is, but that might be a dirty
word on this list. Could somebody give me a hand with this one? Thanks.

Rick Fox