[bookport] Re: A dead bookport

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:07:00 -0500

Congradulations! Welcome to the dead bookport club! Your membership is completely free for the first year!
Actually, this business about bent battery contacts is grately exagerated. It probably could happen I suppose but has nothing to do with your problem. You can try removing the flash card from your unit for a few minutes and then reinserting the batteries. The unit will come up without a card when it is working properly. I'm sure Larry and company and Springer have some idea what is going on but they aren't saying. When I change batteries I have my goodluck rabbit's foot handy and avoid the DEF command and so far there hasn't been another problem.