[bookport] Re: 4 GB CF Card

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:00:18 -0500

Grant:

Make sure you format the card in the Book Port itself.  It may take a
little longer, since it is a larger card.

Also, make sure you are using the latest firmware version of 2.3.0,
because there were major problems with previous versions and 4 gig
cards.  If you are using the latest firmware and are still having
problems, once you've formatted, then the problem may be on our end.
Also check to be sure the card doesn't have any switches that need to be
set, to place it in 4 gig mode.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> grant_hardy@xxxxxxxxx 12/08/06 10:49PM >>>
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Samsung 4 GB compact flash card.  Although the
card
works beautifully when inserted into my computer, the Book Port
doesn't
recognize it at all.  When I insert it into the Book Port I get
silence.
What's up with that?

Grant