[bookcourier] Re: update install problem

  • From: "Don Bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:14:20 -0800

Katie,

That will be great.  I certainly can wait for this.

I only wish I could give you more input as to why it happened so you could
check your software for any problems or to determine if the problem was
actually
caused on this end.

Thanks, and even on a Sunday at that!!

Don

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:41:47 -0800, Katie Walker wrote:

Don and Neil,

We are working on a manual update procedure that will allow you both
to update your firmware again even though the Transfer Tool thinks
your current firmware is the latest. As soon as the code is ready, we
will mail it to you individually.

If anyone else experiences a similar installation problem with the
BookCourier firmware, please send an email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks,
Katie

At 03:12 PM 1/15/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,

>I'm hoping someone has some suggestions here.

>I installed the transfer tool upgrade on my pc.  I did not uninstall
>the old transfer tool version first, just installed the new over it.

>This install did not work well with window eyes and had to use the
>mouse pointer but finally got it installed.

>I then connected the bc to the usb port and the transfer tool
>started.  I did a check for updates and found the firmware update
>and clicked yes to start the
>process.

>The files were reported as copied and I got the message on the pc to
>disconnect the bc from the computer to complete the install.

>I hit okay and then disconnected the bc.  I did hear a couple of
>messages and waited for approximately one minute but didn't hear any
>beeps indicating the
>unit went to sleep.

>The message said to wait about 30 seconds, but I decided to give it
>a full minute.

>When I attempted to use the bc, it appeared to be sluggish and the
>buttons such as volume and library were not announcing.  I hit the
>settings button and
>got a message saying announcements missing.  When trying to scroll
>through settings I keep getting this announcements missing
>message.  And, none of
>the other controls will announce their functions and I don't seem to
>be able to go into the library and scroll through the items.

>When I did the upgrade I had a 1 Gb card in the unit rather than the
>256 Mb card which came with the bc.

>There appears to be no way of doing the firmware upgrade again as
>the transfer tool now reports that I have the latest firmware version.

>As  it is, the bc is really not usable.

>Does anyone have any way I can get out of this short of sending it
>to Springer?

>Thanks,

>Don

Katie Walker