[blindza] Absa messing up their internet banking site

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:12:48 +0200

I have also sent them a slightly more formal e-mail as well, but, since
roundabout this week sometime, when you log on to absa internet banking site,
immediately after entering the necessary password characters, it loads a frame
where you're meant to choose whether to go to the new version of the site, or
the old version, which took me the need to go read the graphical link name by
character/letter to figure out what the two links meant, since they have no alt
tags assigned, and if you then hit enter/click on the link for the old version
of the site it works fine, but, if I try hitting enter on the link for the new
version of the site, to try it out, using internet explorer 8, it notified me
something about an ajax frame, activated application mode, and then internet
explorer itself crashed, and tried to recover, but ended up being sort of
automatically rerouted to a page saying something along the lines of - you have
been logged out - thanks for using absa.

Either way, seems they've given up on providing a fully worthwhile service for
us, and would guess for all sighted users as well, since think that browser
crash might in fact happen to people not using a screen reader if they're not
using like internet explorer 9 or something.

Will try it out a bit later, with like firefox 14, or something to see what
happens then, but, any other regular users might as well also give it a try,
and if works the same for you, do us a favour, and send the complaint e-mail to
absa themselves.

That e-mail address is:
ib@xxxxxxxxxx