[blindreplay] Re: doesn't the converter convert OGG files?

  • From: "Joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:33:19 -0500

Petro, this was my finding too. I've used all versions of the converter and never had problems until I tried converting the Ogg files back to MP3's. I really appreciate your instructions, even though I've used the converter before, because I didn't know the shortcut keys you gave so will use these.

The other thing I wanted to address, and I know this is a bit off-topic, is the issue of Ogg files playing on the handmade CD or data CD disc. You said the files can be played using Winamp, and I found this to be correct after trying it. But those who don't have much experience with different file formats do need to know they will not play in the CD/MP3 player itself. I was hoping I could play these files while traveling and away from my PC, but the actual CD/MP3 player skips the Ogg files on the disc so this is why I wanted to convert them using Replay's converter.

I do hope that Lesley is reading and that the company might be able to help us with this particular format and converting it to MP3.

Thanks for helping me check this out, Petro.
----- Original Message ----- From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>