[blindreplay] Re: [blindreplay]question about URLs and file names

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 06:05:33 -0500 (EST)

Following up on last weekends discussion:

I happened to stumble on a stream url of 130 characters or so in length
which is the wmp link for WDBO, Orlando.
I loaded it into RAV and it tuned and recorded fine.
The limit, Robin, that you are probably thinking of is that for the name
of the show which, if memory serves, is limited to 60 characters in
length.
WE 6.1 truncated the reading of the WDBO url; but it was all there in
Rav's edit field and recorded and tuned.
So, if there is a limit to length of stream urls, it's greater than 130
which ought to take care of most urls out there.
oh yes, fortunately, the rav media guide has a much shorter url available

for WDBO.