[blindreplay] Re: Replay MediaGuide & Window-Eyes 6.1 Help

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 06:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

Mike
If Window-Eyes worked correctly with the menu bar: File, Shows,
etc and didn't repeat the options twice and accelerator keys
twice with different letters, I see no major differences between
the 2 screen readers here but I am a new user of Window-Eyes.
JAWS does a better job with the Applain MediaGuide when it comes
to adding a station and looking at the info for the station. No
big deal. This happens all over on web pages. No alt attributes
tag for the image.

Last night I did like where Window-Eyes told me verbally that I
had 7 tabs when in the proedi show properties dialog box. You
know where you see basic, recording, schedule type tabs. It
would say basic 1 of 7. Very nice. JAWs does not do this for
tabs.

The schedule tab properties works for me. When I hear
"unscheduled" I just up arrow a few times and hears the
"repeating" option. And I am told it is a radio button 1 of 2 or
2 of 2. Going by memory here and it is accessible with
Window-Eyes.

The start and end recording times for hours and minutes, seconds
AM or PM work a little differently between the two screen
readers but accessible. Or at least it appearred to me the first
time I look at this. If I am wrong sorry listers.

I then did a application key on the listview box where all my
stations and shows I've added and chose "tune to" for one of my
stations. All works for me.

I am using Replay AV 8 to teach myself how to use Window-Eyes
screen reader. It has all the basics like the guide will be my
web page, dialog boxes, listbox, buttons, context menus, menu
bar, links, controls. Start slow and simple for me.

What is the command to read the title bar?

And the status bar?

Default button?

Help me out listers.