[blindreplay] Has Anyone Used Replay Video Capture With Screen Access?

  • From: "Pam Drake" <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 00:05:24 -0700

Tonight I tried to capture a You tube video for viewing by our amateur radio
club.  It is an old MGM film describing and praising the value of ham radio.
I found the video capture program only partially accessible and very
difficult to use with both Window-Eyes 7.2.  I found many static boxes and
dialog boxes wherein the information could only be read with the WE or JAWS
cursors, and attempted cursor routing and clicking brought very limited
results.  I eventually switched to a free downloader program and did capture
the video, but Replay probably would have given me a lot more control over
the quality of the resulting output.

If anyone has had luck with the video captures I would appreciate hearing
from you.  Accessibility of video capture software may not the priority for
blind and vi people as for sighted but the desire and maybe perhaps the need
may arise to capture a clip with full video. This movie is a fine example.
Dave and I are the only blind people in this club and this video relies
heavily on the pictures to tell the full story.

Thanks very much in advance for all help and suggestions.

Pam