[blindeudora] Re: need to get outgoing port 465

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:59:13 -0500

if you go to tools then options, you will find a catagory for ports.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2013 02:31 PM, Bud Schwab said:
Hi,

Thanks for all the info, it makes my head swim because I don't know much about all this. I did go t extractstuff and copied and pasted the esoteric.epi file into the eudora folder, but don't know what to do next. I didn't see any change in the tools, options for changing the port number. I'll have to try and digest all this info and see if I can figure out just what Verizon wants.
Thanks again, I'll keep working on it.

Bud

o At 11:48 AM 6/15/2013, you wrote:
Got you going here. You had 1 to many r in blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I use to work as a tech for verizon FIOS, so know your problem well.
Here is your fix, any more problems let the list know or me.
https://help.webcontrolcenter.com/KB/a853/how-do-i-set-up-eudora-to-use-the-alternate-smtp-port.aspx

Document ID: 1501HQ
ISSUE:

I need to be able to change the port used by Eudora for incoming mail, or outgoing mail.

OR

I would like to change ports for a particular personality for incoming and/or outgoing email.

SOLUTION:

You can change the ports for *all email accounts* in Eudora for the POP, IMAP, SMTP, ACAP, or Password Change Port by using the esoteric settings. First exit Eudora. Look in the Eudora directory for the folder "Extrastuff". In this folder there is a file named "esoteric.epi". Drag this file into the main Eudora directory. Restart Eudora then go to the Tools menu, Options, Ports, and change the ports here as needed.

If you do not know where your Eudora directory is and are currently running Eudora 6.2 or newer, you can find out by going to the Help, About Eudora menu.

To find out where you have Eudora installed for versions older than 6.2 you will have to search for the directory using Windows Search. Go to Start, Search, All files and Folders. In the box labeled "All or part of the file name" type eudora.ini. Click on Search now. When the file is located look at the modified date. The eudora.ini file with the most recent date will reveal the location of your Eudora directory. This eudora.ini file's modified date is updated each time you exit Eudora. The file location will be listed under the "In Folder" category in the search results window.

OR

You may have a need to change ports for one or more specific email personalities in Eudora. You can do so by adding the desired setting under the appropriate '[Persona]' section. For example, To change the POP3 port for a personality called 'foo' to 10110, you would edit the Eudora.ini and look for a section called:

[persona-foo]

Under that section you would enter:

PopPort=10110

The settings for the 3 main services are:

PopPort=

ImapPort=

SMTPPort=

SSLPopAlternatePort=

SSLImapAlternatePort=

SSLSMTPAlternatePort=

At 12:30 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:
Hi to all,

I sent out a message yesterday and only got one response which unfortunately didn't fix the problem. I received a letter from Verizon that said I had to make changes in my email program because they were going to do some updating and my email wouldn't work unless I made the changes. I couldn't figure it all out so I called and talked to a tech at Verizon. He worked with it for at least fifteen minutes but said he could do it all except he couldn't find where to get outgoing port 465. Has anybody else had this problem? If I can't fix it I will have to go to another email service which I would really hate because Eudora is like a friend to me after all these years. Does anybody else out there use Verizon and have you run into this situation? I use FIOS if that makes any difference.
Thanks so much for any help..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California