[blindeudora] Re: need to get outgoing port 465

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 08:57:58 -0700

that does not even show for entering the port number unless you've installed "extra stuff" or whatever that is that enables options 33 through 38 I think it is in the list view of the tools menu. "Port numbers" in Eudora are 110 and 25 otherwise.

At 02:40 AM 06/16/13, you wrote:
That option only shows up if you do what was in my email.

At 12:20 AM 6/16/2013, you wrote:

Hello NorthStar,

I tried following your instructions but saw absolutely no place where I could type in the port 465. This is the error message I'm getting: Error getting network address for "pop.mail.mediacombb.net" Cause: host not found (11001)

I even deleted the account and re-entered all the information and still nothing so who knows!! this is totally rediculous!!

I pressed alt- T then O then P and didn't see any of what you described so couldn't change anything! This is really making me tired!!

Thankis for trying to help.
In Christian Friendship,
Fina and Dogguide Daphne
BrailleCorner1950@xxxxxxxxx

At 04:19 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:
while in eudora, press alt+t then o then p for ports. tab once and in this field enter 465 for the outgoing smtp port. tab to the incoming port which is pop3 and if verision requires 995, enter it there.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2013 04:07 PM, Bud Schwab said:
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have jaws, but that would've been great. I use windoweyes. You're right, I rebooted and now have more in the options list including ports at the bottom. What now, Verizon wants outgoing port 465. I'm sorry I don't know more about what I'm attempting to do.

Bud
At 01:06 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:

If your using jaws we can always to a tandom, if you like.

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Bud Schwab