[blindeudora] Re: need to get outgoing port 465

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 17:10:07 -0700

OK, I believe I'm in business now. Thanks again for all of your patience. This 90 year old brain doesn't work as good as it used to years ago, a little slower in grasping things. I believe I can now satisfy Verizon's changes.

Bud

At 04:10 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:
correct, the default outgoing smtp port is 25. if you type in 465 the 25 should disapear bedcause its selected. if its not, press the delete key clear the field and then type in 465.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2013 05:12 PM, Bud Schwab said:
Hi,

Verizon wants the outgoing port to be 465. When I tab the ports I get smtp port 25
pop port 110  imap port 143
acap port 674

Which of these would be outgoing port. I know I should be more familiar with all these terms, but I'm afraid I'm pretty ignorant about it all. I appreciate you guys's patience with me.
Thanks so much.

Bud

At 02:19 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:
while in eudora, press alt+t then o then p for ports. tab once and in this field enter 465 for the outgoing smtp port. tab to the incoming port which is pop3 and if verision requires 995, enter it there.

Legend has it that on Saturday 6/15/2013 04:07 PM, Bud Schwab said:
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have jaws, but that would've been great. I use windoweyes. You're right, I rebooted and now have more in the options list including ports at the bottom. What now, Verizon wants outgoing port 465. I'm sorry I don't know more about what I'm attempting to do.

Bud
At 01:06 PM 6/15/2013, you wrote:

If your using jaws we can always to a tandom, if you like.

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Bud Schwab