[blindeudora] Re: Jaws 7 hangs on closing Eudora 6.2

  • From: Vaughan Dodd <vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:07:04 +1300

Glad I don't use Jaws, but more usefully - upgrade Eudora as a first step to seeing if the problem of the hangup is resolved. Also: maybe this is/was a Jaws bug - you don't say which version. T^hink it unlikely that Jaws is the problem here - may just be a very sluggish Euodra, and I seem to remember that version 6 was slow.

I have a philosophy with screen readers: keep running the most up-to-date version and same with the most commonly used applications on your computer. Eudora version 6.5 and 7.xxxx (I forget) may solve the JFW problem, although it has to be said that Eudora's updates don't add to overall screen reader accessibility, which is and has been very good.

Best of luck.

Vaughan .

At 05:02 a.m. 23/11/2005, you wrote:
Hi all, anyone experiencing this too? Jaws hangs for about 30 seconds then speech comes back.

Deon

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora