[blindeudora] Re: GMail with a third-party program

  • From: "Ann Byrne" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "annakb" for DMARC)
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:37:18 -0500

The worst of it is that JAWS won't deactivate the security item. It is a slider, and I always have to have a sighted person do the sliding. I have tried with NVDA as well as JAWS, and no luck. You have to tell GMail to forward the mail, to use pop3 or imap, and then get to the stinkin' security control. I will have to Google it, as I am not--thank goodness!--setting up a GMail account with Outlook, or Eudora, or anybody else. Whew!
At 03:30 PM 9/27/2016, you wrote:

Hi Ann,

Oh my! We're going to need to know what that setting is in the Gmail account, so I can help a friend set up Eudora on her computer.

Please help us, anyone, if you know that setting.

We'll need all the parameters for setting up a Gmail account with Eudora, please.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 02:52 PM 9/27/2016, you wrote:
When you are using a program other than GMail for your GMail mail, there is a special security setting that needs to be changed in GMail. GMail thinks it is not secure to use a third-party program, so you have to go into the security settings in GMail, not Eudora or Outlook, to tell GMail that you really do intend to use a different program for your mail and to lighten up about the security.

Sorry. I don't remember where that setting is, and maybe you couldn't have used Eudora without it anyway, so maybe it's set already.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to un subscribe:

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora