[blindeudora] Re: GMail with a third-party program

  • From: Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:30:02 -0500

Hi Ann,

Oh my! We're going to need to know what that setting is in the Gmail account, so I can help a friend set up Eudora on her computer.

Please help us, anyone, if you know that setting.

We'll need all the parameters for setting up a Gmail account with Eudora, please.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 02:52 PM 9/27/2016, you wrote:

When you are using a program other than GMail for your GMail mail, there is a special security setting that needs to be changed in GMail. GMail thinks it is not secure to use a third-party program, so you have to go into the security settings in GMail, not Eudora or Outlook, to tell GMail that you really do intend to use a different program for your mail and to lighten up about the security.

Sorry. I don't remember where that setting is, and maybe you couldn't have used Eudora without it anyway, so maybe it's set already.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to un subscribe:

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora