[blindeudora] Re: Certificate error ... again

  • From: Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:51:38 -0500

Hi Curtis,

Thanks so much for that info.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.

At 12:17 PM 9/27/2016, you wrote:

It happens because Google, in their "infinite" wisdom changes the CRC
and / or other information in their SSL certificates, so we have to
"update" our Eudora to accomodate the changes.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:09:20 -0500
Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is all great, but I hope and pray that we can fix this so it will never happen again.
>
> I'm so use to doing that, but I hate doing it at least once a week. I have to do it on both the sending mail and the incoming mail.
>
> Why does this SSL Certificate stuff happen, in the first place?
>

> Thanks much.
>
> Many Blessings,
>
> Pat Ferguson
> "I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.
>
> At 09:27 PM 9/26/2016, you wrote:
> >go to tools > personalities and arrow to the account with the error >and press alt+enter to open the properties and shift tab to ssl info >button and press enter. now, shift tab to certificate manager button >and press enter. once there start pressing the right arrow till >nothing is spoken by your screen reader and now, tab 9 times to the >add to trusted button and press the spacebar. now, find the done >button at the bottom of the screen and do a rightmouse click. tab to >ok button and press enter and tab once more to the ok button and you >are done. you may have to do this for the incoming mail as well from >time to time, but if you can receive mail but not send then this should fix it.
> >
> >
> >Legend has it that on Monday 9/26/2016 08:32 PM, Ann >Byrne" (Redacted sender "annakb" for said:
> >----------------------------------------
> >>tonight we have the stinkin' certificate error, again. It's Yahoo >>mail. Both our computers, different ID's, can receive mail but can't send it.
> >>
> >>Talk about getting tired of something! and I don't remember how to >>fix it. I think my son-in-law finally took pity on us last time and >>made the error go away.
> >>
> >>Is there an easy fix????
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Ann
> >>
> >>List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
> >>Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>to un subscribe:
> >>field
> >----------------------------------------
> >
> >---
> >
> >List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
> >Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >to un subscribe:
> >field
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Many Blessings,
>
> Pat Ferguson
> "I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.
>
> List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora
> Send all list problems or inquires to: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> to un subscribe:
>  field