[blindeudora] Re: Automatic read of opened message

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 09:50:57 -0600

hmmm, i just noticed that with my scripts, the automatica reading didn't work. i have had gone back to the stock scripts and indead the automatic reading works. i am now fixing the refocusing problem when checking or sending mail and have that fixed again with the stock scripts. the problem there was when you checked for new mail (ctrl+m) or sent queued messages (ctrl+t) you would loose focus of the current message you were on in the list and placed at the bottom of the list. now, to add my other modified scripts. lol!

Legend has it that on Monday 12/26/2011 08:40 AM, Doris and Chris said:
I did notice this during the Beta Cycle sometime, I think, but the problem has been fixed for me since.

IN fact, I am quite happy with jaws's performance with Eudora. the virtual buffer finally doesn't take ages to load anymore and jaws 13's overall performance is snappier and uses 5% to 10% less memory than previous versions.

I am running this on an old 2.8 ghz Pentium 4 with 2 gigs of RAM under xp sp3.

hth

Doris

At 09:30 AM 12/26/2011 -0500, you wrote:
Hi NorthStar,

I hope that you can figure this one out. I don't know why it works in Jaws12 and not in Jaws13.

I am surprised that no one have noticed this problem before since Jaws13 has been out for a while. I just installed the latest version last Saturday and for the moment except for convenient OCR, I find Jaws12 to be better.

I anxiously await to hear what you come up with. Take care.

Lennie

At 12:41 AM 12/26/2011, you wrote:
hmmm, have just noticed the problem, going to have to figure out why this is happening and see if there's a fix for it.
Legend has it that on Sunday 12/25/2011 01:38 PM, Lennie said:
Hi,

When I open an email message, Jaws13 reads the subject and date, but it stops there and does not read the message.

I have automatic read open message in the verbosity checked. Can anyone tell me what must I do to get Jaws to read automatically when a message is opened?

I do not have that problem in previous versions of Jaws.

Many thanks in advance. Merry Christmas to all. Take care.

Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora