[blindcooks] Re: PINEAPPLE CANDY-cup of recipes

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:20:13 -0700

The key with any food thermometer is that you know what not to do. The tip of a probe-style thermometer, which you leave in the meat as it cooks, should never touch any bone. The same is true for an instant-read thermometer as well. A candy or frying thermometer should never touch the bottom of the pan as the heat is higher on the bottom than it is in the middle of the candy solution or frying oil. That could explain the inaccurate readings. Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>