[blindcooks] Re: Need Ideas for Chicken Thighs

  • From: Marilyn H <mhnewlife2016@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 12:56:13 -0700

A couple of easy ways to make chicken in the crocckpot is simply to cover them with spaghetti sauce or Rotel tomatoes with green chiles. I usually add some chopped fresh onion to the sauce as well. I will also cook them in some chicken broth, or water if no broth is handy, in my microwave pressure cooker. Then I can freeze them for later use when I need them pre-cooked for a quick dinner. When thawed you could heat and eat the way they are. Take the meat off the bones for chicken Alfredo or chicken salad. I also make my Chinese chicken with pre-cooked chicken chunks.

Marilyn's Chinese Chicken
chicken chunks, about a quart, give or take as desired
1 large chopped onion
1 large chopped red bell pepper
3 stalks celery, sliced
20 ounce can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained and reserve juice
Note:  chunks can be cut in half
1 can diced water chestnuts
3 Ramen noodle packages, without flavor packet, broken as desired
1 or 2 teaspoons Five Spice Chinese seasoning
1 quart liquid, which is juice from pineapple plus enough chicken broth to make a quart

Cooke the vegies in a non-stick pot until they just start to get tender.
Stir in chicken, liquid, and seasoning.
Add noodles and stir to be sure all noodles are in the liquid.
Bring to a slow boil and boil for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in pineapple and water chestnuts and turn off heat.
Let sit until pineapple is hot then stir again and eat.

TTFN,
Marilyn