[blindchristian] Alive and Still Married 22 Get Married or Go To Jail

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:51:11 -0500

New post on HPN

<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Alive and Still Married 22 Get Married or Go To Jail
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/alive-and-still-married-22-get-married-or-go-to-jail/>by
keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Can they do that? Have a judge force a young couple to get married... or else?
We'll talk more about that later, in our main topic.

First, get caught up with Robin as she finally has her busy Summer behind her.
The first order of business... to collapse, and sleep all day long. Keith tells
about that boring techie stuff that keeps him busy, and getting back to almost
being normal again. Shameless plug alert: Keith's other podcast will be having
some special guests soon, so you may want to see what's going on with the other
feeds on the Heltsley Podcast Network. <http://podcast.heltsley.net/>
We continue with our new segments. Get a couple more words of the day to add to
your vocabulary. Robin shares another recipe. Peanutbutter Cookies, made
without flour. Be sure to have a pencil handy, and a finger on the pause button
as you jot down this very simple recipe.

The main topic comes from a recent news story that might fall under the
category of judges who over step the bounds of their office. In Texas, a man
who was before the judge for assault on his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend was asked
whether she was worth it, and as part of his sentrencing was given the option
to spend 15 days in jail, or promise to get married within 30 days, as well as
seek counselling and write out bible verses. Should writing bible verses be
part of the penal code?

What do you think? Is it the judge's position to force the marriage? Robin
shares more details of the story, so give us a listen, discover what we have to
say about this wierd marriage situation, and tell us where you stand.

Feedback... There weren't any takers on the trivia challenge, but Keith shares
the answer to last week's trivia. Can you answer the trivia question that Robin
is asking this week? Be sure to send in your answers, wrapped in hundred dollar
bills. Enter as many times as you like... just kidding. Send in your answer for
free by using the Contact page, or emailing us directly.

keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2> | August 11, 2015 at 6:08 pm |
Categories: Alive and Still Married
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?taxonomy=category&term=alive-and-still-married> |
Comment