[blindchristian] FW: Our Daily Bread -- Who Is My Neighbor?

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 03:43:32 -0500

From: Our Daily Bread [mailto:donotreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 2:03 AM
To: vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Our Daily Bread -- Who Is My Neighbor?

Luke 10:30-37
Bible in a Year:
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Psalms 105-106; 1 Corinthians 3

<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=2&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Go and do likewise. —
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=4&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Luke 10:37

Mary enjoyed her midweek church group meeting when she and several friends
gathered to pray, worship, and discuss questions from the previous week’s
sermon. This week they were going to talk about the difference between “going”
to church and “being” the church in a hurting world. She was looking forward to
seeing her friends and having a lively discussion.

As she picked up her car keys, the doorbell rang. “I’m so sorry to bother you,”
said her neighbor Sue, “but are you free this morning?” Mary was about to say
that she was going out when Sue continued, “I have to take my car to the repair
shop. Normally I would walk or cycle home, but I’ve hurt my back and can’t do
either at the moment.” Mary hesitated for a heartbeat and then smiled. “Of
course,” she said.

Mary knew her neighbor only by sight. But as she drove her home, she learned
about Sue’s husband’s battle with dementia and the utter exhaustion that being
a caregiver can bring with it. She listened, sympathized, and promised to pray.
She offered to help in any way she could.

Mary didn’t get to church that morning to talk about sharing her faith. Instead
she took a little bit of Jesus’ love to her neighbor who was in a difficult
situation. —Marion Stroud

Lord, help me to be ready at any time to be Your hands and feet to those in
need.

Faith is seen in our actions.

INSIGHT: Samaritans lived in the territory between Galilee (to the north) and
Judea (to the south). Historically, they were Jews who, when conquered by the
Assyrians, intermarried with their conquerors and lost their ethnic purity as
Jews. For this reason Samaritans were despised by Jews who would not even
travel through Samaria, choosing instead to travel around that land. This makes
it stunning that Jesus would choose a hated Samaritan as the hero of this
parable and an example of one who was a neighbor. Bill Crowder

Share your thoughts on today’s devotional on
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Facebook or
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
odb.org.

You can make a difference.

Even the smallest donation helps reach people around the world with the
life-changing wisdom of the Bible.

<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
DONATE

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=3&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Featured Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>

<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Our Daily Bread Ministries

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and
accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal relationship
with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a local body of His
family.

To read today's Our Daily Bread online visit
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjMyOTc4MzAS1&r=ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1&b=0&j=NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0&mt=1&rt=0>
www.odb.org.

Copyright © 2015, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas
Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Our Daily Bread Ministries | 3000 Kraft Ave | Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Manage Your Subscription

<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/open/log/23297830/ODIwMzQzMDkxMzQS1/0/NjIxNzM2Nzk3S0/1/0>