Re: What You Hear in XP Home

  • From: Debra Hernstrom <dhh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:01:17 -0600

Peter, I have the same sound card as you do.  Use the stereo mix.

Debra Hernstrom

At 11:11 PM 1/6/2007, you wrote:
Good evening again,

My computer is an HP Pavilion Desktop with a Realtek AC97 Audio sound card.
My monitor also has a condenser microphone installed that I need to figure
out how to turn off so the sound can be recorded directly from other audio
sources. They're all checked. I just need to figure out what's going on with
What You Hear. I thought that setting was a Microsoft thing and not specific
to a particular sound card. Thanks for the enlightenment. If I can just shut
up that mic I'll be in business. Even with Mic volume  muted in Volume
Control whenever I try to record from an audio  source other than the
microphone using Sound Forge 5.0 the sound I hear is from the microphone and
not from the CD player, line-in, or other audio sources. More suggestions
will be very much appreciated for solving this one.

Peter Donahue

From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<nfbcs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:35 PM
Subject: What You Hear in XP Home

Good evening everyone,

    I'm wanting to record audio from all devices on our computers and need
to activate the, "What You Hear" Option in Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I
looked for the item in the Recording Volume Options in the Volume Controls
Property Sheet, but don't find it anywhere. Someone told me that the setting
for activating What You Hear in XP Home is the same as it was in Windows 98.
While I don't find What You Hear listed there's an option called
Other/Line-In 2. Is this the same as What You Hear under Windows 98? I need
to digitize some audio from old cassette tapes to .MP3 Format so being able
to set this thing is important. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Peter Donahue

http://www.eset.com