Re: What You Hear in XP Home

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 14:15:12 -0600

Hello Debra,

    Stereo Mix is Checked. My problem now is to mute a condenser microphone
installed on this system. I thought the mute for it was on the monitor, but
a sighted friend of mine didn't find one. I'm not sure where the setting is
to mute it. The mic setting in Windows Volume Control is muted but the
microphone is still active. If I unmute it a feedback festival begins. If I
can just shut up the mic and assuming Stereo Mix is doing what it should I
should be ready to go. Do you know what the Other-Line-In2 is used for?
Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue