[blind-it] Re: Anyone have either CISCO or MCSE certification?

  • From: "J. R. Westmoreland" <jr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:50:16 -0600

I have completed all the class work required for the CCIE but have not taken
te test.
I had planned to take the test at the Networker conference and Cisco said
that they would send me a voucher for a free test rather than have me take
it at the conference.
Unfortunately, at the time my work schedule didn't permit me to take the
test so the voucher lapsed.

The lab part of the certification is very gruling and consists of a two day
test.
I didn't get far enough to try this test so am not sure how, or what,
accommodations would need to be made to make it happen.

Some of the lesser, I hate to call it that but haven't a better description
ready to hand, do not require the hardware lab test.
These tests are administered by one of the big testing outfits and they have
been very good at setting up accommodations for visually impaired
applicants.

If you have other questions I didn't cover I will try and answer them to the
best of my ability.

Regards,
J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland
President, Custom Computers & Consulting
E-mail: jr@xxxxxxx
Twitter: GeneralJR