[blind-it] Re: An Intro thread.

  • From: "Marshall F. Scott" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:19:57 -0700

Hello Folks,
My name is Marshall Scott and I'm currently employed at a cardiology
research institute at the University of Utah.  I received my BSEE in
1976 and have been employed here ever since.  I've written programs
starting with PDP 8, PDP 11, VAX, SGI and Mac computers.  Most of
these programs were for data acquisition and processing although I've
also done a little bit of database programming.  I also provide
general computer support at the institute.  Most of my recent
experience has been on Mac's  I'm moving into Windows to improve my
job security.
I really feel intimidated by the intro's so far and hope to learn a
lot from this list.  Right now I'm trying to figure out the ins and
outs of Remote Desktop and trying to find affordable and accessible
antivirus, antispam and firewall software.
Marshall

Marshall F. scott
University of Utah - CVRTI
95 South 2000 East