[blind-democracy] Re: uber fined in cal partially for violating ada

  • From: Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 09:06:55 -0400

I repeat, he was not known to be the rapist until after he attacked the Uber
passenger…it was only then that he was linked to the other attacks. Until then,
he was still flying under the radar.
On Jul 20, 2015, at 6:49 AM, Bob Hachey <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Alice,
I’d say that the media focuses on Uber because it is new and kind of under
the microscope right now. I will fault Uber’s background checking procedure
for not weeding out a known rapist. But, I’ve heard tell of cases where
traditional taxi drivers have done similar.
Two things that do concern me regarding Uber.
1. One of their main lobbyists is none other than Rahm Emanuel, a true
slimeball.
2. Uber officials have repeatedly claimed that they are a “ride sharing”
business and not in the taxi business so they shouldn’t be subject to the
same regs as taxi companies.
Bob Hachey